It looks like we're going to be in Chicago another year. I'm trying not to let it get me down. I was getting a little too far down the road in my daydreaming about kayaking at lunchtime and the kids having an extra hour of school with art and music in it. :( At least T will have another hockey season with friends, which is worth a lot.
I guess the good news is that I can now plan some races. I've signed up for the Fort4Fitness Half again, as have Mike & Jess. I'll likely sign up for the Waterfall Glen Xtreme 10 again--hopefully I'll get to run it too! I'm still turning over in my mind whether to set a time goal (and aggressive training schedule) for the half or to just have fun all summer doing what I feel like and not being a slave to the plan. I guess that sounds like the latter is what I really want. Of course, I'm not getting any younger, so I can't figure getting faster is going to get easier. Hmmmm.
I've started to look into swimming clinics and classes. It's been long enough that I think I need some help if I hope to do a triathlon (and enjoy it) this year. I need a place to swim--the lake isn't going to be warm enough anytime soon!