My future is not a lot clearer than when I last wrote, but a few things are taking shape...
The Chicago Trail Series is returning, so I'll be looking to do at least one or two of those races, although the first is only a week after the Lakefront 10, so I'm not sure about that one.
I signed up for Bike the Drive, which is one of those things I've been meaning to do but never have. The possibility of moving away has motivated me a bit to get a few items scratched off the old to-do list.
I was so happy to receive a Fleet Feet e-mail this week announcing the first Historic Run of the year, Run to Wrigleyville. When they redesigned their website, all info about the Historic Runs disappeared, and I feared they would be no longer. Wrigleyville is one I haven't yet done, so I'm looking forward to it!
10-Mile training began last Saturday. Organizers seem to be more organized than last year, which I appreciate, as I felt a little adrift last year as a first-time leader. There seems to have been some turnover in the past year. My co-leaders seem congenial, and we plan to go to brunch this week.
I am enjoying Yoga for Runners. My only complaint is that the Vitamin Shoppe, which kindly hosts the class in a big upstairs room, plays terrible music in their store, and somehow they have two separate systems going at one time. I don't know if they play different music upstairs and downstairs or what, but it leads to hearing something like a song from the Top Gun soundtrack and Luther Vandross or Anita Baker at the same time. And this is while I'm supposed to be listening to myself breathe! I have to admit that it's made me consider looking for classes offered by a "real" yoga studio rather than CES.
One more exciting item: on a bit of a whim, I ordered cross-country skis (REI winter sale), and they arrived at the store tonight. Tomorrow I will take my boots in and have them assembled. It's supposed to be snowing here tonight but isn't yet, and yes, our whole blizzard's worth of snow melted last week and it got to 60--that's how powerful I am. I'd like to have a chance to try the skis yet this spring; T and I may end up going to Wisconsin in a couple weeks when the boys visit Grandma and Grandpas.
More when there's more to tell...