Monday, April 9, 2012

Well, there went two months.  What the hell happened?  I lost my job.  I've been rather slow-moving and unproductive, but I work out virtually every day, sometimes twice and occasionally 3x.  I guess that's something.  I am looking for a job, but there isn't a lot out there.  I do hope I find one by summer.

My plans are actually not so different from what I'd considered in my previous post.  That road bike--yeah, it's definitely not happening this year, so the tri(s) will be off-road.  There will likely only be one.  I'm giving myself until the end of May (when the price goes up) to decide whether to do sprint or oly.  I can already run the oly distance--no problem.  I figure there won't be any added hills in the swim, and there's a pool in my neighborhood, so I should be able to manage that, and I'm going to swim tomorrow--for sure!  I just don't know about the bike.  I'm still a new mountain biker, so that's what I'll be seeing about this month and next.  Fortunately I have time to do that.  I believe I'll run the Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half in August.

That's it for now--more soon.  Or soon-ish.