Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where have I been? And where am I going?

So, I just got around to finishing my Bike the Drive post.  And I'm getting ready to do my Renegade Trail 10k post, a month after the fact.  I certainly have had breaks in posting in the past, and I'm sure I will again, but I went into a bit of a tailspin last month and am now just getting myself back on track, workout-wise.

On Tuesday, 6/7, we got an offer on our condo.  After roughly two years and three months on the market, an offer!  After a bit of haggling, we gladly accepted.  About six weeks before this happened, T got the word from his work that they wanted us to move to Colorado.  We didn't know whether it was possible without selling our place, and tried to figure out how we could make it work.  Right when I'd really lost hope, the offer arrived.  Since then, it seems like our lives have been kind of a surreal and busy time.  School ended.  We told the boys we likely would be leaving Chicago in the summer, so they had an opportunity to say goodbye to teachers and classmates.  The boys went to day camp near my mom's for a week, and T and I flew to Colorado to find a house to rent.  Now the kids are attending day camp here, and we've gotten moving estimates this week and signed a lease.  Looking back it's gone fast and crazy, but in the moment it feels like every step of the way takes forever, and I've been terrified all along that something will go wrong and the whole thing will fall apart.  Everything seems fine--our buyer seems well qualified, and our inspection went fine.  The length of time between looking at houses to rent and choosing one and actually signing the lease has seemed glacially slow, but we signed and FedExed it yesterday with our deposit and first month's rent, so I think we're actually getting this done!

I am so happy to be going, but have been keeping myself from getting overly excited in case something doesn't work.  I think I'll believe it when we get there.  I'm so looking forward to running on trails, but a little worried that altitude and hills will turn me into a jogger or a hiker!  I will adapt, but I don't yet know how.  More (quite a bit more) to come on this.