So I've been on a bit of a spending spree...
REI's spring sale started last Friday, so I went in hunting for mountain bike shorts (or bike shorts that don't look like bike shorts) for Bike the Drive. There were only a few women's ones that were available in small, and they were all too big. I happened to stumble upon a kids XXL, which was still too big. I went online and ordered a kids XL, and they're just right--and only $25! Clif stuff was on sale, so I stocked up on Shot Bloks.
I got an Active.com Schwaggle offer for a box of 4 tubes of Nuun for $14.45 last week--and ordered it! That's probably about a lifetime supply for me, but they should arrive next week.
A month ago or so I decided my shoes had had it so I went to get my first new pair since getting my orthotics. I bought something more neutral on the advice of the salesperson. This shoe did not work out. My knees hurt practically all the time. So earlier this week I returned, told my story to a different salesperson, and tried something new to me, the Brooks Ravenna. The salesman explained that it was a lot more like my good old Adrenalin than the ones I just bought. I've run in them twice and they are definitely an improvement.
The day I went was the first day of the Memorial Day sale, so there were deals to be had. I happened to notice a pair of Brooks Cascadias in my size on the sale table while I was waiting for the salesman to bring me shoes to try. I snapped them up for $38! Then I dug through the clothes and got a new pair of Adidas tights for $28, though I won't need them until winter (I hope).
Oh, and when Running Away moved, they had a 50% off all apparel sale, so I got a new tri top and shorts--so cool and such a good deal!
It's probably time to quit for a while! I don't regret what I bought, and I'm thrilled that I got what I did for the money, but I hadn't really planned on any of it!