Thursday, April 21, 2011

Is April the Cruelest Month?

It almost seems that since my yoga class ended, all hell has broken loose.  I guess it's not all that bad, but this month contains spring break, 2 more days when school is closed, and we've all experienced a third round of gastroenteritis for the winter.  Being sick and having kids home due to illness or no school has made this the third week in a row of exactly one mid-week run, and no cross-training.  Ugh!  This is a good way to lose all that I've been building up (not that it was that much, but...). 

I found time to buy new shoes last week.  I haven't shopped for new shoes since I got my orthotics last summer (just got another pair of the same right before the marathon).  This time I got a neutral shoe, as the sales guy watched me run on the treadmill and it was doing the job.  It's a different feeling, one I will need to get used to.

A good thing that happened was that my swimming class started last Sunday (but is off this weekend for Easter).  I have my work cut out for me, and I think the class will help.  I really should try to get in the pool more often than just for class!

Tomorrow is the last day of spring break, and T is taking the day off.  I will likely just get stuff done and not run or bike, as the Old School 4-mile is Saturday morning.  Conditions will likely be muddy, as it is to rain tomorrow.