I've slacked again on the blogging. Training has been rolling along. I've taken Pavel out some on the tagalong, which we both enjoy.
I ran the Lakefront 10 on 4/24. I felt pretty good, and went in only hoping to do as well as (ok, or a little better than) last year, which was 1:42:16 (10:13 pace). It was a pretty nice day, and I felt good, so I just went out at a pace that felt comfortable, and kept at it. I happily finished in 1:39:08 (9:55)--yay!
Today was the Magellan Development Spring Half, and it was altogether different. I felt tired (not that I haven't done well tired before) but it really kind of sucked. The weather was lovely, but my legs just felt tired and eventually sore, and my stomach never felt quite right. I finished in 2:18:37 (10:35), exactly 1 second faster than my first half two years ago. Bleah! I didn't go in gunning for a PR, but I thought it would be better than it was. I've been trying to shake off the disappointment all day. I ran most of the race with a woman from my training group, which was nice. I think we were pretty much on her target pace, so I didn't complain about how much I felt like I was sucking because I didn't want her to feel bad. But it was a crappy outing for me.
I have a few weeks of shorter long mileage while the Hal Higdon 3-day plan catches up to me, and I hope to beef up the cross-training and PT and core exercises in the meantime. I really should get to swimming sometime if I'm going to do a triathlon this year (and I don't know if I will). I think it's also time for some new shoes soon.