Sunday, December 13, 2009

Boy, it's been a while. There's very little to tell that the Garmin doesn't know, except one run home from preschool after dropping the boy off while the car was in the shop, followed by a run in jeans from the Addison red line station to preschool to pick him up, and one sort of snowy day I went running around and taking pictures.

I went on the December (Sheridan Park) Fleet Feet historic run. Fun, informational, and easy enough to do after a longer run on the day before. I want to do more of these.

I signed up to be a pace group leader for winter half training, which starts on 2/27. I wish we were starting sooner, but I guess I'll just have to get off my butt and be really prepared. It's time to make my plan. I haven't decided on a target race(s) yet--we'll see what kind of deals are out there.

Ashley and I have decided to run Twin Cities next October. She ran Rocket City (again) yesterday in 3:52!! So I don't think we'll be running together.

Yesterday was the Universal Sole Trail Challenge, which was fun. It was 5.25 miles, pretty and snowy though Schiller Woods. I guess the "Challenge" part was the upper-ankle-deep icy water under a viaduct. Some folks climbed the hill and crossed the street, but I like to be official. I took it pretty easy, had a good time.

Oh, I played hockey today, a real game (lost). I've also been to two practices in the last two months. They asked if I'd like to play more. I think I would.