Sunday, November 1, 2009

So I've been slacking with the blogging, but there really is almost nothing to tell that the Garmin hasn't captured.

This was an interesting week... Tuesday I ran on the track at Chase Park. 5x400 with 400 m rests, not as terrible as I thought it might be.

Thursday I ran to Henry's House and was running late so the run didn't get recorded. It was around 2.75 mi and I don't know how long it took--probably was going sort of quick.

Saturday morning was the Carrera de los Muertos 5k in Pilsen. The website says it's actually 3.2 mi. I was looking for a PR, not having really run that many 5ks and none in a few years. My official (clock) time was 27:17.6, good for 6th place in my age group. Outrageously enough, this would've got me 2nd in the 35-39 group. My watch said 26:26.33, with which I was pleased, and it also said 3.17 mi., and I didn't cut at all. We'll see if the results get updated, as it was chip timed. In my dazed state, I took my disposable chip with the race logo off and threw it into a bin after being waved off by the chip removal people. Later I heard the announcement that only old-style chips without the race logo needed to be returned. That would've been a cute souvenir! Oh well. I've decided I need to go back next year and try to get an award--a fancy skull. The party afterward was fun, but I got too cold to stay around.

Today was the Fleet Feet Historic Run to Rosehill Cemetery. Weather was much better than my last (harrowing) historic run, and it made for a nice recovery run--not to far or too fast, with lots of stops. On my way out I bought a second pair of Brooks Adrenaline 9s on sale for $80, and was entered to win a pair of 10s when they come out.

This afternoon we took the kids to the pool, and my legs are officially tired, but not really sore. I feel pretty good, overall.