Friday, July 30, 2010

Well, I decided to see the chiropractor on T's hockey team. They had an appointment on Thursday morning (I'd need 2 hours) and T happened to be taking the morning off to see the boys at sports camp. We talked at length, I was thoroughly x-rayed. In his opinion, the root of my problems is my flat feet. Having almost no arch makes my knees turn in, they track wrong, it hurts. The good news is that on the x-rays, my feet, knees, back, etc. all look good--I haven't been doing damage.

I got ultrasound on my knees, a few adjustments, a relaxing 10 minutes with e-stim and heat on my knees while I dozed on a table with rollers moving up and down my back. He put Rocktape on my knees, and I decided to order orthotics. They were $300, but they last for 4 or 5 years, and if they work, they'll be more than worth it. I'm excited to get started in them.

The Rocktape comes in many colors. My first thought was red, but red came with a big garish logo all over. So I thought black would go with everything... as it happens, it couldn't be more obvious. Oh well. The good news is that I ran 6 this morning and felt really good. I don't know if it was the tape, the extra day off, the treatment or all three, but my knees feel like I didn't run at all!