So my old training journal ran out of space. My last entry was Sunday. To summarize, I wrote that I didn't know where winter marathon training was going, as the weather has been really harsh and the last two (of four) group runs have been canceled. Running at the gym is unappealing and inconvenient, to say nothing of the time it would take away from work, so it hasn't happened more than a time or two. Between that and a December that included two bad colds, food poisoning, and the holidays, I'm just not prepared to keep up. So I guess I think I'm going to blow off this weekend's 10-miler, and go back the next week, which will be a step-back (7). After that I don't know. Half-marathon training starts 2/28, and I could just go and be really prepared, or maybe keep running longer beyond the group. I don't know what I want to do this year, race-wise. I know I want to do at least a few half-marathons. Maybe I'll slowly ramp up for a fall marathon. Not sure.
Today, since I need every workout (however lame), my cross-training was walking around the Garfield Park Conservatory with the boys.